Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Woodsy pigs

Pigs really DO leap over logs!  :)   I snuck out to their pen to try and get some pics of them out under the trees, and couldn't find them.  I happened to step on a branch, causing a very loud cracking sound, and they came boiling out of the woods.  This log is a little taller than my knee.  There's plenty of room to go around, but they apparently think this is the very best route to the front of the pen.


They're right at home in the trees, and have made many many paths through the brambles.



After all that hard work, they definitely deserve a nap. This particular pic is a couple weeks old, but it's just about the only time I've been able to see where they're resting!

I like to see dirty noses on our pigs.  Means they've been working away out there!

8 comments:

Paula said...

ohmygoodness what a cute picture! We're talking pigs this weekend.

Claire Boyles said...

Love pigs. Love them. Wish mine had a forest to play in too :)

Rain said...

Pink and brown are lovely colors together!! Love the pigs running thru the woods!!

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

I don't think I've EVER seen such adorable, incredible shots of pigs!!!! Your eye for photography is very interesting. I'm going to be making my way through your blog...am doing LOTS of reading lately!! I'm glad to meet you!!

Lana C.

Rae said...

Thanks, Paula and Rain!

Boyles Family Farms- Pigs are so much fun! I'll be sad to see them off to the butcher in a few months, but will be incredibly thankful for every bite of pork. Can't wait to see what their foraging and exercise lend to the taste and texture of the meat!

Lana- Thanks! I think it's mostly that pigs are so photogenic. They don't move quite as fast as chickens. :) Thanks for stopping by, and glad to meet you too!

Courtney said...

Those pigs! They are beautiful. I've always had a fondness for pigs, and this post just makes me want some even more.

Rae said...

Thanks for dropping by, Courtney! Pigs really are a fun animal to have around, and can be quite entertaining. We're really happy we decided to raise some this year.

Robin said...

CUTE! I love me some little piggies. That pile of them in the trees reminds me of our dogs or cats when they are sleeping in a heap.