Friday, May 6, 2011

Weekends and growing things, happy thoughts

What a week! My car was rear-ended on Tuesday (everyone's fine, and totally not my fault). Work was SLOW... Lots of filing and forms. Rain started again. I got lost downtown and thus was stuck in construction traffic for an hour yesterday (I despise downtown P-town). It is going to rain all weekend. BUT...

The weekend is here. I'm sleeping in tomorrow. I'm going to cook a ham. Then, I'm going to make split pea soup with ham. Mmmmm... The old beat up apple tree finally has flower buds showing (yay). The columnar buds are getting ready to open. The barerroot trees I planted a few weeks ago are covered in leaves. The rabbits haven't figured a way through the fence around my peas. The juncos didn't eat all the grass seed, as little green spikes are starting to break through the dirt in the future goose pen. The wisteria finally has some buds showing, as do the lilacs. The water is beading up on little goose backs. I'm going to enjoy our most awesome place this weekend. I'm going to plant flowers. Rain or shine. Break time is over. Gotta finish up the workday. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Oh crap! I hope it wasn't totalled! I wondered if something was wrong because you didn't respond to my email right away because you usually do.

It sounds like things are getting pretty at your house! Have a good lie-in (as the Brits say) and a swell weekend!

Rae said...

Not totaled. Pretty light impact, but they'll have to replace the bumper and most likely the back door as well. Just a pain in the butt and one more thing to have to deal with. Ugh.

Getting to where the property and plants are more useful, if not yet pretty. :)

You have a lovely weekend as well!!

Becky's Barnyard said...

Hope your weekend was good and had a great day today.

Lana at Farm Life Lessons said...

Wisteria!!! It grows wild all over where our acreage is located, EXCEPT on our land! I love wisteria, an ultimate favorite. But, I do have wild Honeysuckle everywhere.