Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Snake snack

Just a quick post to say that I saw one of the Golden Girl pullets kill and eat a baby snake yesterday afternoon. I think it was a garter snake, and it was so small that we thought it was a worm at first. I tried to get a closer look to see what kind of snake, but she was running around like a maniac, all the other girls chasing her, screaming what I believed to be chicken speak for "Mine! Mine! Mine!". Crazy birds.

Gonna try and get some pics up this week, and log last weekend's activities. We'll see how it goes.

3 comments:

Lindsey at NW Backyard Veggies said...

The chickens sometimes remind me of the Seagulls in "Finding Nemo" - Mine. Mine. Mine. Then they follow the food source with maniacal intensity.
I like to watch them gang up on grubs after a big rain.
Hilarious.

Paula said...

I've heard that they do that. Seems the only thing that motivates them to do anything is their gut.

Toni aka irishlas said...

The chickens crack me up when they do that!