Sunday, March 13, 2011

Power's out

Yup. Gotta love the boonies. Took a look up the driveway, and had a tree down. It wasn't what took out the power, as its root ball was 50' from the drive and our power lines are underground, but it was blocking the driveway. I just now finished cutting it back with the little chainsaw in the pouring rain. Ugh. Drove a bit farther, and was stopped by a branch hanging over a line where the power is aboveground. Not going near that puppy! We've made the call that our power is out, but I don't expect anything anytime soon. I had put a beef stew in the crockpot this morning, and had to transfer it to a pot and put it on the woodstove. Looks like I'll be spending my evening with a book and oil lamps! :)

2 comments:

Paula said...

This is going to sound a little weird, but I'm all set for power outages and we never hardly ever have them, and that's disappointing....You must have posted this with your phone!

Rae said...

Yup. Phone it was. This was our third power outage since we moved here. I'm very glad the chicks are a couple weeks along. I had to move their brooder into the living room so they could get heat from the woodstove. Henry's little brain nearly exploded. :) Power didn't come back on until about 5 this morning. Fun! (not)