Monday, December 13, 2010

How I love this dog

Truthfully the best dog I've ever had!  Henry was a rescue, found abandoned at about 7-8 weeks old.  We added him to the family just a couple days afterward.  Best we can figure, he's an American Pit Bull Terrier / Pointer mix.  He is truly a blessing.  The most cuddly pup I've ever had, he loves attention and is actually more attention driven than food driven.  He needs to be right next to you, if not on top of you (or under your chin, or in your lap, or behind your head).  At the same time, he can entertain himself for hours outside, or in his crate with a couple boxes to shred. Our dogs sleep in our bed, and provide lots of warmth during the colder months!  (Which is good, as our woodstove is sooo not going to heat the bedroom)

Currently, Henry is on my legs, putting them to sleep, and snoring to beat all.  LOVE this dog!  We're so lucky to have him!

We love him begging...

We love him during summer sprinkler funtime...


We love him doing the kung fu frisbee splits...


We love him watching for squirrels...


And we love him posing...


We got a good start on teaching him to flush grouse this last fall (he's a natural... go figure).  Can't wait until next year!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog Rae! Of course I had to stop over and see yours! :-) I haven't been real faithful posting lately either, theres just always so much to do, but I do love reading how everyone is doing. Would love to see more pictures of your 'work in progress'. And of course I love Henry! What a beautiful boy. Those 'bully' dogs are so different than what I am used to--when I got Boone soon to be five years ago, I had to re-educate myself fast! It's been interesting and he is a neat dog. I'll be reposting his 'gotcha' day story here about Christmas time. Take care,
Tammy

kpannabecker and jpannabecker said...

That is one of the cutest dogs I've ever seen. And talented too. Loved the pictures.

Rae said...

KP, thanks! We definitely love having him around!