Monday, August 15, 2011

Too freakin busy

I am finally admitting to myself that I've got too much going on right now. Summer is finally here, and passing all too fast. We're desperately trying to get outside projects done before the returning rains put us in lockdown. We finally got the house mostly painted yesterday (finishing the second coat today, thank god for our paint sprayer). We gave up on the garden, the weeds got out of control, and then the garden finally kicked into gear... So, there's a massive amount of weeding to do. The pigs need to go to butcher. Always a new goat pen for which we need to cut a fence line. The old house needs a bunch of work that has to be done while the weather's nice. I need to get the trim on the coop. And on and on. Busy busy! So, I'm taking a month or so break from blogging. Not like I post all that often anyway, but I do spend a lot of time reading all my favorite blogs. It also doesn't help that I can't find the camera. :) When our plate is a little less full, and the camera has shown itself again, I'll post the huckleberry recipe, the meat chicken processing, and maybe by then some info on sending the pigs off to butcher!

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mow between the plant rows in the garden, then harvest..voila!
Save time, save sanity.B.

Mike said...

More chores than you can get done always show themselves in the warmer weather. During the winter months as you're planning, they seem so easy to accomplished.
The camera must not be feeling too photogenic. I've often mowed between rows and 99% of the time, use the weed eater for up close. ;)

Alex said...

I am most familiar with your situation! Hope you have a successful and productive "off" month ;)

Miriam said...

Oh, isn't this the truth - and aren't you sensible to limit yourself to what's most urgent! Good luck with everything that needs doing, and we'll see you again in the fall!

Paula said...

Know what you mean, Vern. Did you ever ask LJ about doing chickens on 28 Aug? Or did we say 22Aug. I remember you were painting. The 20th the chimney sweep is coming (he's British and everything) and on the 27th, we're running down to Eugene to pick up our hog half.

Or you could do them and keep them, which would be alright with me, considering you helped me out of a very bad bind and I forgot to bring you feed....

Rain said...

so very true-could do with switching summer length for winter length! oh well-enjoy each summer moment and dont work to damn hard!! see you in the fall !! FIND that camera!!

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

To be honest, here in Texas, we never have that seasonal sense of urgency. I can only imagine what it's like. Keep going, drink coffee and take cat naps!!!!!

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

Hey Rae---I'm worried about you! Missing your blogs!

Lana from Farm Life Lessons said...

Rae - I don't know if my last message is saved, but I'm worried about you and am hoping all is well. Once you're able to catch your breath, let us know how you're doing.

Rae said...

Lana- just been busy with other things. See my most recent post. :) Hope all is well.